Members of the U.S. Soccer Development Council in Chicago are embarking on their second year as ambassadors for U.S. Soccer and its mission in the Chicagoland region.
In its inaugural year, the Chicago Development Council fundraised more than $100,000 to directly support the U.S. Soccer Development Academy Scholarship Program, providing need-based financial aid to the region’s most talented young players. The group also actively supports U.S. Soccer programming and the Development Fund through their leadership networks across the city.
U.S. Soccer is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established in 1913 as the governing body of the sport of soccer in the United States. Its mission is to make soccer a preeminent sport in the United States. Council members are invited to participate and serve two-year terms.
U.S. Soccer is proud to recognize the following Council members for their time and tremendous support:
CHICAGO DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL CHAIRS
- Eric Nordness; Vice President, Hickory Street Capital
- Jill Matesic; Senior Relationship Manager, Charles Schwab
CHICAGO DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL MEMBERS
- Ivaldo Basso; Managing Director, GCM Grosvenor
- Jenny Kim Giblin; Manager, Monitor Deloitte
- J C Groon; Director, Connected Enterprise, LinkedIn
- Mark Kaufman; CEO, Athletico Physical Therapy
- Katherine Minarik; Partner, Bartlit Beck Herman Palenchar & Scott
- Liam Walsh; Principal KPMG US
- Kevin Willer; Partner, Chicago Ventures
- Charles "Chuck" Chejfec; Partner, Katten Muchin Rosenman
- Chris Girgenti; Managing Partner, Pritzker Group Venture Capital
- Mark Holroyd; Partner, White Rapids Capital
- Chris Keogh; Managing Partner, Goldman Sachs
- Bill Starshak; Principal, Goldberg Kohn
- Greg Watson; Vice President, Catalina Marketing